This week’s Abundant Crop: Fat Tire recipe started with a tortilla soup recipe from my good friend, Lisa. She is actually getting married later this year, and has been a reader since we started Newly Wife! This soup is delicious — both Matt and I loved it. I adapted the original recipe so that you primarily dump cans of goodies into the crockpot, making this super easy.
Fat Tire-Tilla Soup
- 1 can Chicken with Rice Soup
- 1 bottle Fat Tire Amber Ale
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) Pinto Beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup Corn (I used frozen, I suppose you could use one can of corn)
- 1 can (10 ounces) cooked Chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) Green Chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- Toppings: Crushed Tortilla Chips, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream
Combine all ingredients except for the toppings in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 6). Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese on top. This recipe is a great way to use up stale chips — because they soften in the soup!
Thanks again to the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program and New Belgium Brewing Company for supplying the beer for this recipe. All ideas and reactions are purely my own. Are you going to try and make this soup, or is it going to the back of your cookbook until the fall?